General information about the Humboldt Explorer
Most rooms have twin bunks than convert to larger beds for couples, flat screen televisions and all have windows to maximize the view of the Pacific Ocean and Galapagos Archipelago.
Cabins are located on the main and lower desk. The air-conditioned salon on the main deck includes dining tables, TV, VCR, CD/DVD, video library and lounge area. Sunning /viewing areas, ample seating and a Jacuzzi are located on the top level.
Humboldt Explorer Itineraries
• 7 nights/8 days aboard the vessel
• 3 meals daily, plus between-dive snacks
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
• 2-3 dives a day (days vary)
• Use of tanks, weights and belts
• Airport transfers in Quito or Guayaquil
• Hotel accommodations
• Flights to/from Galapagos
• Last evening meal (Sunday)
• Wetsuit, BCD, regulator
• Rental, instruction, and retail charges
• Dive computer, fins, masks, booties, gloves, hoods
• Crew gratuities
• Trip Cancellation & Dive Accident Insurance
• Quito/Guayaquil departure taxes
• Premium Alcoholic Beverages
• Galapagos National Park tax - $100 pp, cash only payable
upon arrival at Galapagos Airport.
• Ingala Transit Card - ($10 pp, cash only) payable in cash at
Quito or Guayaquil Airport of departure for Galapagos
• Hyperbaric chamber fee $ 35 per person
• The minimum certifiable age for divers is 10 for most SCUBA certification agencies; normally, the agencies restrict 10 and 11 year olds to a maximum depth of 40 ft. • All children under the age of 15 must travel and dive with their parent or guardian, unless undergoing active training with an instructor. • This itinerary offers no diving opportunities at depths less than 40 feet; diving opportunities for 10 and 11 year olds are not available on this itinerary. • For this reason, a minimum age of 15 for divers is strongly suggested.
|Lenght:||106 ft (32.3 m)|
|Beam:||21.3 feet (6.5 m)|
|Draft:||8.2 ft (2.5 m)|
|Electricity:||110 volts AC / 60 Hz|
|Accommodation:||8 double cabins with private bathrooms, hot water, air conditioning, oceanview, , TV/ DVD|
|Max speed:||10 knots|
|Exterior:||Glass reinforced plastic (fiber/polyester Harzmatrix)|